Prof. Patsy Yates
Professor Patsy Yates, BA DIPAPPSC MSOCSC PHD FACN FAAN, is Head School of Nursing, Queensland University of Technology. She is jointly appointed as Professor of Nursing at Queensland University of Technology and Director for Queensland Health’s state-wide Centre for Palliative Care Research and Education. She leads a range of research and service improvement programs focused on advancing the management of cancer related symptoms and treatment side effects, and strengthening the nexus between research, policy and practice in cancer care.
She has authored 140 journal articles, 15 book chapters, 7 conference papers and 8 conference items. She has received numerous awards in recognition of her research and service, including the Tom Reeve Oration Award for Outstanding Contribution to Cancer Care. She was lead for the Cancer Australia’s “Psychosexual Care for Women with Gynaecological Cancers” project which led to the development of an online learning resource for health professionals.
She is currently:
- President, Palliative Care Australia
- Member, Nursing and Midwifery Board, Australian Health Practitioners Registration Authority
- Member, Council Committee, Clinical Oncological Society of Australia
- Member, Research Committee, The Wesley Research Institute
- Member, Research Advisory Committee, National Breast Cancer Foundation