Assoc Prof. Peter Grant
Associate Professor Peter Grant, MBBS FRANZCOG FRCS(EDIN) CGO, has been Head of the Gynaecological Oncology Dept, Mercy Hospital for Women since 1999.
He is Associate Professor in the Dept of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, University of Melbourne.
He completed medical studies at the University of Melbourne in 1977 and qualified as a surgeon 10 years later.
After practicing obstetrics & gynaecology at the Mercy Hospital for Women, he obtained a Gynaecological Oncology Fellowship in Halifax, Canada. He is a Certified Gynaecological Oncologist.
He has chaired the Gynaecological Cancer Advisory Committee, Cancer Australia, since 2013. He served as:
- Secretary Treasurer of Australian Society of Gynaecological Oncologists1994 – 98
- Board Member 2004-07 and Chair of Board 2008-10 Victorian Cytology Service
- Chair Gynaecological Oncology committee RANZCOG, 2002-06,
- Chair, Gynaecological Cancer Committee, Cancer Council Victoria 2006 -09
- Member Research Advisory Committee, ANZGOG, 2003– 09
- Member, Medical and Scientific Committee, Cancer Council Victoria. 2004 –12
He has a strong involvement in research, has published extensively and has a particular interest in familial gynaecological cancer and palliative care.